AIR FRYER OVEN
Save these instructions - for household use only
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed. Do not use the PowerXL Air Fryer Oven until you have read this entire manual.
VisitTristarCares.comfor tutorial videos, product details and more. Warranty information inside
2 IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
3SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
6Put the vegetable peels in the appliance
7Using the accessories
9 General operating instructions
10 Cooking with the PowerXL hot air fryer
11Using the digital control panel
12 cooking presets
13 Table of internal meat temperature
14 kitchen table
15 Cleaning and Storage
17 Frequently Asked Questions
Air fryer, dehydrator and more
BEFORE YOU START
It is very important that you read this manual in its entirety and ensure that you are thoroughly familiar with the operation and care of the device.
|GLA-1001||CA 120 V 60 Hz||1700W||12 qt. (693 w/rod.)||32 °C–204 °C (90 °F–400 °F)||LED touch screen|
IMPORTANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including:
- NEVER IMMERSE the main unit casing, which contains electrical components and heating elements, in water. Do not rinse with running water.
- TO AVOID ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT pour liquid into the main unit case, which contains the electrical components.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit completely into the outlet, turn it over. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT ATTEMPT to modify the plugin in any way.
- MAKE SURE the device is connected to a dedicated power outlet. Always make sure the plug is properly inserted into the outlet and that there are no other devices in the same outlet.
- To prevent food from coming into contact with the upper inner strainer and heating element, DO NOT OVERFILL the cooking insert.
- DO NOT COVER the air inlet or outlet while the PowerXL Air Fryer is operating. This will prevent even cooking and could damage the appliance or cause it to overheat.
- NEVER pour oil on cooking accessories. Fire and personal injury can occur.
- During firing, the internal temperature of the device reaches several hundred degrees Fahrenheit. TO AVOID PERSONAL INJURY, never put your hands on the device until it has completely cooled down.
- This device MUST NOT be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge unless they are UNDER THE SUPERVISION of a responsible person or have received appropriate instruction.
Instructions for use of the device. This device IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE by children.
- DO NOT place the appliance against a wall or other appliances when cooking. Allow at least 5 inches of clearance around the back, sides, and top of the device. Do not place anything on the device.
- DO NOT USE this appliance if the plug, power cord or the appliance itself is damaged in any way.
- DO NOT PLACE THE APPLIANCE ON A COOKING SURFACE.
- If the power cord is damaged, IT MUST BE REPLACED by Tristar, its service agent or a qualified person to avoid hazard.
- Keep the appliance and the power cord OUT OF THE REACH of children when it is in operation or when it is cooling down.
- KEEP POWER CORD AWAY FROM HOT SURFACES. DO NOT connect the power cord or operate the device controls with wet hands.
- NEVER CONNECT this unit to an external timer or separate remote control system.
- NEVER USE this appliance with an extension cord of any kind.
- A short power-supply cord (or detachable power-supply cord) is included to reduce the risk resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
- DO NOT USE the device on or near flammable materials such as tablecloths or curtains.
- DO NOT USE the PowerXL Air Fryer for any purpose other than as described in this manual.
- NEVER OPERATE unit unattended.
- During operation, air is exhausted through the exhaust air opening. KEEP HANDS AND FACE a safe distance from the air outlet. Also, avoid air when removing accessories from the device. The exterior of the device may become hot during use. The accessories will be hot. USE OVEN GLOVES when handling hot components or surfaces.
- If the unit emits black smoke, TURN OFF IMMEDIATELY and wait until the smoke stops before removing the contents of the oven.
- When the time is up, cooking will stop but the fan will CONTINUE to RUN for 20 seconds to cool down the unit.
- Always operate the device on a horizontal, level, stable and non-flammable surface.
- This appliance is designed for normal household use only. It is not intended for use in a commercial or retail environment.
- Before using your new PowerXL Air Fryer on a countertop surface, consult the countertop manufacturer or installer for recommendations on the use of appliances on your countertops. Some manufacturers and installers may recommend protecting the surface by placing a hot mat or tripod under the PowerXL Air Fryer Oven to protect it from the heat. Your manufacturer or installer may recommend that you do not use hot pots, pans or appliances directly on the countertop. If you are unsure, place a tripod or hot surface under the PowerXL Air Fryer before using it.
- DO NOT place the PowerXL Air Fryer on a stove, even when cold, as this could cause a fire or damage the PowerXL Air Fryer oven, your stove, and your home.
- Always turn off the device after use.
- Let the device cool down for approximately 30 minutes. before handling, cleaning or storing.
- Make sure that the ingredients prepared in this appliance are cooked golden and not dark or brown. Remove burned debris.
For California residents
This product can expose you to Bisphenol A, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. Access for more informationwww.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS - FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
- Hand wash cookware before first use and after each use thereafter. Then clean the device inside and out with a warm damp cloth and a mild detergent. Finally, preheat the device for a few minutes to burn off any residue.
- The device may smoke when first used. It is not defective and the smoke will burn in minutes.
If the internal temperature control system fails, the overheat protection system will activate and the device will not work. In this case, disconnect the power cord. Wait for the device to cool down completely before rebooting or putting it away.
Auto power off
The device has a built-in shutdown device that will automatically turn the device off when the timer reaches zero. You can turn off the device manually by selecting the power button. The fan will keep running for about 20 seconds to cool down the device.
Your new device must work on its own circuit. If the circuit is overloaded by other devices, the device may not work properly.
This device complies with all regulations relating to electromagnetic fields. When used correctly and in accordance with the instructions in this manual, the device is safe to use according to currently available scientific knowledge.
Parts & Accessories
IMPORTANT: Make sure your PowerXL Air Fryer comes with the components you ordered (some accessories may be sold separately). Check everything carefully before use. If any parts are missing or damaged, do not use this product. Contact the sender at the customer service number on the back of the instruction manual.
*TO USE: Some accessories may be sold separately.
Easy cleaning with a damp sponge or cloth and a mild detergent. Avoid strong and abrasive cleaning agents. NEVER immerse this device in water or liquid of any kind.
Allows control of device functions (see page 10).
- air intake grilles
DO NOT COVER air intake grills while unit is running.
- hot air nozzles
DO NOT COVER the air outlet openings while the device is in operation. DO NOT USE
- centimeters from other objects.
Vegetable Trays Can be used for dehydrating, cooking crispy sandwiches, and reheating foods like pizza.
- drip tray
Always cook with the drip tray in place for easy cleanup.
The rotisserie search tool should be used to enter and remove all foods that have been cooked on the rotisserie or skewers. Place under the rotisserie shaft and lift up (left side first), then carefully remove the food.
- Rotisserie shaft, forks and mounting screws
Use for roasts and whole chickens. Push the shaft lengthwise through the center of the meat. Slide the forks into the shank at each end and then into the meat. Secure with set screws. There are notches on the shaft for the set screws. You can adjust the screws closer to the center of the axle if necessary, but never beyond the setback.
TO USE: Make sure that the roast or chicken spins freely in the appliance. If the food is too large, it will not turn or cook evenly (3.5-4 pounds on average). Wrap the meat with kitchen string to keep it turning evenly.
- Fried Basket (*Optional)
Allows you to fry your favorite foods in your PowerXL Air Fryer oven
- Korbgriff (*opcional)
For easy removal of the frying basket from the appliance (see page 9).
- Adjustable skewer holder (2)
Use it to make skewers. The skewer holders snap onto the spindle and lock into place with set screws.
- skewers (8)
Ideal for all your recipes for skewers, meat, fish or vegetables.
- Rotating mesh basket (*optional)
Ideal for chips, roasted nuts and other snacks. Use the rotisserie finder tool to insert or remove the basket.
*TO USE: Some accessories may be sold separately.
TO USE: Unpack all package contents listed. Varies by model. Remove any clear or blue protective film from the components.
The forks, shaft, and other metal parts of this device are sharp and become very hot during use. Great care must be taken to avoid personal injury. Use protective oven mitts or mitts.
Before using the PowerXL hot air fryer for the first time
- Read all materials, warning decals, and labels.
- Remove all packing materials, labels, and stickers.
- Hand wash recommended. Wash all parts and accessories used for cooking with warm, soapy water.
- Never wash or immerse the cooking appliance in water. Wipe the inside and outside of the cooking appliance with a clean, damp cloth. Rinse with a warm, damp cloth.
- Before cooking food, preheat the appliance for a few minutes to allow the manufacturer's protective coating of oil to burn off. After this cooking process, clean the device with warm soapy water and a kitchen towel.
TO USE: Never wash or immerse the cooker in water.
TO USE: This appliance is not a deep fryer. Do not pour oil into the device.
Put the vegetable peels in the device.
- Insert the drip tray into the bottom of the device.
- Insert the crisper trays into the appliance by sliding them through the slots in the sides and in the rear lid (FIG. A).
- Place crisper sheets closer to the upper heating element for faster, crispier cooking.
- Turn the crisper trays halfway through the cycle to ensure even cooking.
TO USE: Some accessories may not be included.
Using the fried basket
- Using the basket handle latch (FIG. B), squeeze the handle, position it between the slots in the fry basket and release the handle (FIG. C).
- Close the basket handle latch onto the handle (FIG. D) by pressing down on the latch to ensure it is fully latched (FIG. E).
- The door cannot be closed if the basket handle is still attached to the fry basket. Remove handle before closing.TO USE: The frying basket can be inserted into the appliance by hand (only when the appliance is cold), but the basket handle should ALWAYS be used to remove the basket from the appliance (FIG. F).
NERDUse the appliance door as a shelf for a hot fry basket filled with food. The hot frying basket could damage the door or cause the appliance to tip over. Personal injury could result.
TO USE: Some accessories may not be included.
With the spit skewer
- With the forks removed, push the spit shaft lengthwise through the center of the food.
TO USE: To better support the food on the spit, insert the spit forks into the food at different angles (see Fig. C).
- Slide the forks (A) onto each side of the skewer and secure by tightening the two set screws (B).
- Holding the assembled grill skewer at a slight angle with the right side higher than the left side, insert the left side of the skewer into the skewer receptacle inside the appliance (see Fig. D).
- When the left side is secure, lower the right side of the skewer into the rotisserie socket on the right side of the appliance (see figure E).
- To remove cooked food, insert the large fork into the food, turn it to the left and lift to remove the skewer from the left slot, then remove the food from the appliance with a slight lifting motion. Transfer food to a cutting board or serving platter (see "Removing the Rotisserie-Rotisserie" section).
Remove the skewer from the grill
- Using the locating tool, attach the bottom of the left and right sides of the attached shaft to the rotisserie (Fig. F).
- Pull the spit slightly to the right to separate the attachment from the spit plug.
- Carefully pull and remove the rotisserie from the appliance.
- Thread each end of the skewer through the holes in the left skewer holder (see fig G).
- Tighten the clip end of each skewer by inserting the skewer into the opposite slot in the clamp holder.
- Release the clip to place the skewer securely in the slot (see fig H)
- Repeat steps 3-6 evenly around the skewer rack. Make sure the skewers are evenly spaced (see fig. I).
- Make sure the skewer holders are in the slots on the shaft. Tighten the set screws and make sure they are secure.
- Be careful when inserting the shaft into the device. The skewers on the skewer are sharp and can sting you.
General user manual
Prepare to use
- Place the device on a stable, level, horizontal and heat resistant surface.
- Select kitchen accessories for your recipe.
TO USE: Hand wash cookware before first use and after each subsequent use. Then clean the device inside and out with a warm damp cloth and a mild detergent.
A versatile device
The PowerXL Air Fryer Oven is designed to cook a variety of your favorite foods. The graphs and charts in this guide and the recipe guide will help you achieve the best results. Consult this information for proper time/temperature settings and amounts of food.
•NERDdo not place anything on the device.
•NERDCover the ventilation openings on the top and back of the cooking appliance.
•NERDFill any cooking container with oil or any type of liquid. This appliance only cooks by convection.
•NERDUse the appliance door as a shelf for a hot fry basket filled with food. The hot frying basket could damage the door or cause the appliance to tip over. Personal injury could result.
•FOREVERUse oven mitts when removing hot vegetable trays.
Cooking with the PowerXL Hot Air Fryer
- Place the ingredients in the chosen accessory.
- Plug the power cord into a dedicated 120V outlet. Insert your chosen accessory into the unit and close the door.
- When your chosen accessory and food are in place, press the power button once.
- Select a preset function (see Cooking Presets section) or manually set the temperature and then the time.
- The appliance will automatically start the cooking cycle a few seconds after selecting a preset function or manually setting the time and/or temperature. Alternatively, you can press the On/Off button to start the cook cycle immediately after selecting your desired cook time and temperature.
TO USE: You can open the door at any time during the process to view your food and check the progress.
TO USE: Consult the tables in this manual or recipe books to determine the correct settings.
- Smaller foods usually take a little less to cook than larger ones.
- Larger amounts of food may require longer cooking times than smaller amounts of food.
- Flipping or flipping food halfway through cooking ensures that food cooks evenly.
- It is recommended to drizzle a little vegetable oil on the fresh potatoes to make them crispier. If you add a little oil, do it just before cooking.
- Snacks that are normally made in the oven can also be made in the PowerXL Air Fryer.
- Use the pre-made dough to make filled snacks quickly and easily. Premade dough also requires less cooking time than homemade dough.
- A baking sheet or baking sheet can be placed on top of a crisper tray in the PowerXL Air Fryer Oven when preparing foods such as cakes or quiches. The use of a platter or plate is also recommended when cooking brittle or stuffed foods.
- During the cooking process, the cooking accessories become very hot. Pay attention when removing accessories to check progress
Have a tripod or heat-resistant surface nearby to set it up. NEVER place accessories directly on a workbench or table.
- Cookware gets hot during the toasting process. Wear oven mitts and handle carefully to AVOID INJURY.
Using the digital control panel
- On/Off/Stop button
Once the device is connected, the power button will light up. A single press of the power button illuminates the entire panel. Pressing the power button again activates the cooking process at the default temperature of 190 °C (370 °F) and a duration of 15 minutes. If you press the power button at any time during the cooking process, the appliance will turn off and the display will go dark. The fan will keep running for 20 seconds to cool down the device.
- inner light
Selecting this button will help you check cooking progress while the appliance is running. NOTE: Open the door during
The cooking process interrupts the appliance. The interior light comes on when the door is opened.
- temperature rules
Use these buttons to increase or decrease the cooking temperature in 5°F (2.7°C) increments from 150°F (65°C) to 400°F (200°C). Dehydration ranges from 30°C (90°F) to 75°C (170°F).
- time control buttons
With these buttons you can select a cooking time of exactly 1 minute. up to 90 minutes in all modes except Dehydrate, which takes 30 minutes. intervals and an operating time of 2 to 24 hours.
- Digitally view the LED
The digital numeric display alternates between the temperature and the remaining time during the cooking process. 6-14 cooking presets
Selecting any preset button will set the time and temperature to the preset default values. The cooking process will start automatically 5 seconds after selecting the preset, or the power button can be pressed after the preset button to start the device immediately. You can override these presets using the time and temperature buttons.
- fan symbol
This symbol will flash sequentially during the cooking process and will continue to flash for up to 20 seconds. as soon as you turn off the device.
- inner light
Selecting this button will help you check cooking progress while the appliance is running. Note: Open the door during the cooking process.
pause the device. The interior light comes on when the door is opened.
- I send
Select this button when cooking in rotisserie mode. The icon flashes during use.
Cooking table with preselection button
*Cooking time for whole chickens will vary by weight. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature according to the table below.
|preset flavor||predetermined temperature||standard time|
|2. Heat||115 °C (240 °F)||12 minutes|
|6. fries||200 °C (400 °F)||18 minutes|
|7. Steaks / Koteletts||199 °C (390 °F)||25 minutes.|
|8. fish||163 °C (325 °F)||15 minutes.|
|9. Shrimp||160 °C (320 °F)||12 minutes|
|10. pizza||182 °C (360 °F)||15 minutes.|
|11. Pollo||185 °C (370 °F)||40 minutes.|
|12. Baking||160 °C (320 °F)||30 minutes.|
|13. The grill||191 °C (375 °F)||30 minutes.*|
|14. Dehydrator*||50 °C (120 °F)||2 hours. (*2-24 hours.)|
Using the PowerXL Air Fryer oven without presets
The time and temperature in the above table refer to the basic settings. As you become more familiar with the device, you will be able to make small adjustments to your liking.
This appliance is not a deep fryer. Do not pour oil into the device.
Meat internal temperature table
Use this chart and a food thermometer to ensure cooked meat, poultry, seafood, and other foods reach a safe minimum internal temperature. 🇧🇷
For maximum food safety, the US Department of Agriculture recommends 165°F for all poultry; 160°F for ground beef, lamb, and pork; and 145°F with a 3-minute rest period for all other types of beef, lamb, and pork. Also read the USDA Food Safety Standards.
Steaks, roasts: medium
Steaks, roasts: rarely
|70 °C (145 °F)|
70 °C (145 °F)
63 °C (125 °F)
|chicken and turkey||old|
Whole bird, legs, thighs, wings
|75 °C (165 °F)|
75 °C (165 °F)
75 °C (165 °F)
|fish and shellfish||Any boy||63 °C (145 °F)|
Steaks, roasts: medium
Steaks, roasts: rarely
|70 °C (160 °F)|
70 °C (140 °F)
55 °C (130 °F)
|Pork Meat||Chops, ground, ribs, fried|
ready cooked ham
|70 °C (160 °F)|
60 °C (140 °F)
|Food item+A1:E24m||Min MAX||Tempo||The temperature||Comments|
|frozen fries||1 1/4–3 pouches||15-16 minutes.||200 °C (400 °F)|
|Frozen French Fries||1 1/4–3 pouches||15-20 minutes.||200 °C (400 °F)|
|Homemade French Fries||1 1/4–3 1/4 Bags||10-16 minutes.||200 °C (400 °F)||Add 1/2 tbsp. oil|
|Homemade Potato Slices||1 1/4–3 1/4 Bags||18-22 minutes.||182 °C (360 °F)||Add 1/2 tbsp. oil|
|Homemade diced potatoes||1 1/4–3 pouches||12-18 minutes.||182 °C (360 °F)||Add 1/2 tbsp. oil|
|Roast||1 tax||15-18 minutes.||182 °C (360 °F)|
|potato gratin||2 taxes||15-18 minutes.||200 °C (400 °F)|
|Steak||1/4 - 1.1 pounds||8-12 minutes.||182 °C (360 °F)|
|pork chops||1/4 - 1.1 pounds||10-14 minutes.||182 °C (360 °F)|
|Burger||1/4 - 1.1 pounds||7-14 minutes.||182 °C (360 °F)|
|sausages in dressing gown||1/4 - 1.1 pounds||13-15 minutes.||200 °C (400 °F)|
|chicken thighs||1/4 - 1.1 pounds||18-22 minutes.||182 °C (360 °F)|
|Chicken breast||1/4 - 1.1 pounds||10-15 minutes.||182 °C (360 °F)|
|spring roll||1/4 - 3/4 pounds||15-20 minutes.||200 °C (400 °F)||use oven ready|
|frozen chicken nuggets||1/4 - 1.1 pounds||10-15 minutes.||200 °C (400 °F)||use oven ready|
|Frozen Fish Sticks||1/4 - 1.1 pounds||6-10 minutes.||200 °C (400 °F)||use oven ready|
|mozzarella sticks||1/4 - 1.1 pounds||8-10 minutes.||182 °C (360 °F)||use oven ready|
|stuffed vegetables||1/4 - 1.1 pounds||10 minutes.||160 °C (320 °F)|
|It was||1 1/4 Bags||20-25 minutes.||160 °C (320 °F)||use oven ready|
|Quiche||1 1/2 Bags||20-22 minutes.||182 °C (360 °F)||use oven ready|
|pastel||1 1/4 Bags||15-18 minutes.||200 °C (400 °F)||use oven ready|
|grilled meat||1 1/2 Bags||20 minutes.||160 °C (320 °F)||use oven ready|
|Frozen Onion Rings||1 scale||15 minutes.||200 °C (400 °F)|
The cooking chart will help you choose the right temperature and time for the best results. Once you are familiar with the cooking process of the PowerXL Air Fryer, you can adjust this setting to suit your personal taste.
TO USE: Remember that these settings are suggestions. Because ingredients vary in origin, size, shape, and brand, we cannot guarantee the best setting for your ingredients.
- For foods that need to be flipped, set the timer for half the time required for the recipe and the timer bell will alert you when it's time to flip or rotate the food. When you hear the timer bell, the default brew time has expired.
- If you start with a cold appliance, add 3 minutes to the cook time.
cleaning and storage
Clean the PowerXL Hot Air Fryer after each use. Kitchen accessories are made of durable stainless steel and are dishwasher safe. Never use abrasive cleaning products or utensils on these surfaces.
Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet and make sure the device has completely cooled down before cleaning.
- Clean the exterior of the device with a warm damp cloth and a mild detergent.
- To clean the door, gently scrub both sides with warm soapy water and a damp cloth. DO NOT immerse door or appliance in water or wash in dishwasher.
- Clean the inside of the device with hot water, a mild detergent, and a non-abrasive sponge. Then rinse the device well with a clean, damp cloth. Do not allow standing water to enter the device. Do not rub the heating coils as they are brittle and can break.
- If necessary, remove unwanted food debris with a soft-bristled nylon brush.
- Food stuck to accessories should be soaked in warm, soapy water for easy removal. Hand wash recommended.
save to computer
- Turn off the device and allow it to cool down completely.
- Make sure all components are clean and dry.
- Place the device on a hanger
|The device does not work||The device is not turned on.||Plug the power cord into the power outlet.|
|The device was not turned on when I set it up||Set the temperature and time.|
|cooking time and temperature.||Plug the device into a dedicated power outlet.|
|raw food||The device is overloaded.||Use smaller portions for more even cooking.|
|The temperature is too low.||Raise the temperature and continue cooking.|
|The food is not fried evenly.||Some foods need to be turned during cooking.||Check halfway through the cooking time and turn the food if necessary.|
|cooking process.||Cook similar-sized foods together.|
|White smoke is coming out of the device.||Oil is used.||Wipe to remove excess oil.|
|Accessories show excessive grease residue||Clean the components and interior of the device after each use.|
not fried evenly
|Wrong type of potato used.||Use fresh, firm potatoes.|
|The potatoes were not properly blanched during preparation.||Use dry cut sticks to remove excess starch.|
|Too many fries are cooking at one time.||Cook less than 2 1/2 cups of French fries at a time.|
|The fries are not crispy.||Raw French fries have a lot of water.||Dry the potato sticks well before drizzling them with oil. Cut smaller sticks.|
|Add a little more oil. Blanch the sliced potatoes.|
|ad displayed||possible cause|
|E1||Open circuit of the temperature sensor||call customer service|
|E2||Thermal sensor short circuit||call customer service|
- Can I use the PowerXL Air Fryer Oven to cook non-fried foods?
You can cook a variety of dishes including steaks, chops, burgers, and roasts. See PowerXL
Air Fryer Recipe Guide.
- Is the PowerXL hot air fryer suitable for preparing or heating soups and sauces?
Never boil or heat liquids in the PowerXL Air Fryer.
- What should I do if the appliance turns off while cooking?
As a safety feature, the PowerXL Air Fryer Oven has an automatic shutoff feature that prevents damage from overheating. Turn off the device and let it cool down. Plug it back in and restart with the power button.
- Does the device need time to warm up?
Preheating is required, if cooking from a cold start add 3 minutes. to compensate for cooking time.
- Can the device be turned off at any time?
Press the power button once to stop the cook cycle at any time during the cooking process.
- Can I control the food during the cooking process?
You can open the door to check on food, rotate crisper trays, or turn food over if necessary to ensure even cooking. The cooking cycle continues where it left off.
- Is the Power AirFryer Pro dishwasher safe?
Only the accessories are dishwasher safe. The unit itself, which contains the heating coil and electronic components, should never be immersed in any type of liquid or cleaned with anything other than a warm damp cloth or non-abrasive sponge with a small amount of mild detergent.
- What if the device still doesn't work after trying all the troubleshooting tips?
Never attempt a home repair. Contact Tristar using the contact information at the back of this guide and follow the procedures outlined in the warranty. Failure to do so may nullify and void the warranty.
AIR FRYER OVEN
60 day money back guarantee
oPowerXL Hot Air Fryeris covered by a 60-day money-back guarantee. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product, return it for a replacement or refund. Proof of purchase is required. Refunds include the purchase price less processing and handling. Please follow the instructions in the return policy below to request a replacement or refund.
Replacement Warranty Policy
When purchased from an authorized retailer, our products include a 1-year replacement warranty, if your product or component fails to perform as intended, the warranty extends to the original purchaser only and is non-transferable. If you experience a problem with any of our products within 1 year of purchase, please return the product or component for replacement with a new product or functionally equivalent part. Original proof of purchase is required and you are responsible for paying for return shipping of the device to us. If a replacement device is issued, warranty coverage will end six (6) months from the date of receipt of the replacement device or the remaining period of the existing warranty, whichever is later. Tristar reserves the right to replace the device with one of equal or greater value.
If for any reason you wish to replace or return the product under the money back guarantee, your order number can be used as an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. If the product was purchased from a retail store, please return it to the store or use "RETAIL" as the RMA. Return your product to the address below for a replacement without additional handling and handling charges, or for a refund of the purchase price less handling and handling charges. You are responsible for the cost of returning the product. You can find your order number belowwww.kundenstatus.com🇧🇷 You can call or email customer service at 973-287-5129[email protected]for more questions. Pack the product carefully and attach a note to the package with (1) your name, (2) mailing address, (3) telephone number, (4) email address, (5) reason for return, and (6) test with the purchase or order number; and (7) indicate in the note whether you are requesting a refund or replacement. Write the RMA on the outside of the package. Send the product to the following return address:
PowerXL Hot Air Fryer
500 return highway
If your replacement or refund request is not confirmed after two weeks, please contact
Customer Service at 973-287-5129.
Refunds requested under the Money Back Guarantee will be issued to the payment method used for the purchase if the item was purchased directly from Tristar. If the item was purchased from an authorized retailer, proof of purchase will be required and a check will be issued for the item and the amount of sales tax. Handling and handling fees are non-refundable.
We are very proud of the design and quality of our PowerXL Air Fryer Oven.
This product has been manufactured to the highest standards.
If you have any questions, our friendly customer service team will be happy to help you.
visit us inwww.TristarCares.com, Send an email to[email protected], or call 973-287-5129
Fairfield, Nueva Jersey 07004
© 2020 Tristar Produkte, Inc.
Made in China
|PowerXL GLA-1001 Oven Air Fryer[pdf] Instruction Manual|
GLA-1001, air fryer, GLA-1001 air fryer
PowerXL Air Fryer Owner's Manual
PowerXL Air Fryer PowerXL Air Fryer For complete assembly, instructions, and important safety information, see Owner's Manual...
PowerXL AIR FRYER User Manual
PowerXL AIR FRYER Instruction Manual IMPORTANT: Remove all parts from box and remove...
PowerXL Air Fryer Pro Oven Owner's Manual
PowerXL Air Fryer Pro Oven PowerXL Air Fryer Pro Oven AIR FRYER See user manual for complete instructions...
PowerXL Streamer Air Fryer Owner's Manual
PowerXL Streamer Air Fryer Owner's Manual IMPORTANT: Remove all parts from box and remove...
Pressing the Power Button once will set the Unit to a default cooking temperature of 370° F and time of 15 mins. Pressing the Power Button a second time will start the cooking process. Pressing the Power Button during the cooking cycle will turn the Unit off.Why is my power XL air fryer not working? ›
Check that the basket is properly attached and the airy fryer door is closed completely. Try rebooting the air fryer to see if it turns on. If these steps don't work, it's possible the air fryer may have a blown fuse that needs to be replaced.How do I reset my power XL air fryer? ›
Reset the fryer by pressing and releasing the Reset button on the side of the unit. You will know that your Power Air Fryer XL Reset Button has been activated when you see a “c” flash on the digital display screen. Resetting will put all settings back to default (including presets) and cooking sensors ON.Can you put aluminum foil in an air fryer Power XL oven? ›
The short answer is yes. While we all know that putting foil in a microwave is a no-no (and if you don't know, the flying sparks will remind you), air fryers don't work the same way. They use hot air instead of actual microwaves to create heat, so putting foil in an air fryer doesn't cause the same alarming spark show.What are the different settings on an air fryer? ›
- Air Fry: 18 mins 400 degrees F.
- Roast: 40 mins 380 degrees F.
- Bake: 30 mins 365 degrees F.
- Broil: 8 mins 400 degrees F.
- Reheat: 10 mins 280 degrees F.
- Dehydrate: 7 hours 120 degrees F.
The PowerXL Air Fryer Grill works like a traditional countertop toaster oven with added cooking functions beyond Toast, Bake, Roast, Warm/Reheat, and Broil. It includes functions like Air Fry, Air Fry/Grill, Grilling, and Rotisserie spit-roasting.Can you put aluminum foil in an air fryer? ›
It is absolutely safe to use aluminum foil in your air fryer. In fact, it can make cooking with the air fryer easier.What are the common issues with air fryers? ›
Not only does air frying still run the risk of creating acrylamides, but polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and heterocyclic amines can result from all high-heat cooking with meat. These compounds have associations with cancer risk, according to the National Cancer Institute .Why my air fryer is not working? ›
Check the air fryer's power cord and heating element.
The first thing you should do if your air fryer stopped working is to check the power cord and heating element. Make sure that the power cord is plugged into a functioning power socket and that the heating element is not damaged.
Pull out the basket, pan, or tray and wash it in your sink with warm water and dish soap. Set it aside to dry overnight. Wipe down the interior of the fryer, including the heating element, with a damp, soapy cloth, sponge or paper towel. Wipe it again with a clean damp, cloth, and then a dry cloth.
Believe it or not, a faulty door is one of the most common reasons why an air fryer will suddenly turn itself off and is usually caused by general wear and tear from everyday use. To inspect your air fryer's door to see if there are any issues, check to see if your door slots itself into place and closes with a click.Do you flip things in an air fryer oven? ›
Flip foods over halfway through the cooking time. Just as you would if you were cooking on a grill or in a skillet, you need to turn foods over so that they brown evenly. Open the air fryer as often as you like to check for doneness.Does an air fryer oven cook the same as an air fryer? ›
Air Fryers come in two models, either an air fryer basket or an air fryer oven. Both generally operate the same; the only difference is that the parts are in different places. Both will cook (air fry) your food the same. Temperatures will be somewhat different, and the placement of food will alter sometimes.Do you need to flip in an oven air fryer? ›
This all may sound self-explanatory, but it's an important fact to remember: Even if your air fryer has top-notch air circulation from its fan, you need to give most larger pieces of food (such as pork chops, burgers, and chicken cutlets) a turn about halfway through cooking.Can you use parchment paper in a power XL air fryer oven? ›
Is Parchment Paper Safe In the Air Fryer? Absolutely! If it's safe for the oven, it's safe for the fryer. Most parchment papers can withstand a heat of over 400 degrees.Can I use parchment paper in my power XL air fryer? ›
Larry Ciufo, the CR test engineer who oversees air fryer testing, warns that while you can use parchment paper inside an air fryer, it's not recommended for regular use there. “It has the potential to block 99 percent of the fryer's airflow,” Ciufo says.Do you need special pans for air fryer oven? ›
You can use any ovenproof dish or mold in the Airfryer, whether it is made of glass, ceramic, metal or silicone. You can also use silicone or paper cupcake cups or molds to bake cupcakes, muffins or small gratins.Can you put raw chicken in an air fryer? ›
I like to cook my boneless, skinless chicken breasts for 10 minutes at 380℉, then flip and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165℉. Can you put raw chicken in the air fryer? Absolutely!At what temperature should I air fry? ›
As for temperature, it varies, but it's typically between 325 and 400 degrees F. “If you just toss food in there it won't cook as evenly,” she explains, and “preheating heats up the basket so the cooking surface is nice and hot when you add the food,” she says.What temperature do you air fry roast beef? ›
Preheat the air fryer (400°F /200°C) for 10 minutes. Meanwhile brush the beef all over with olive oil and season with salt and pepper plus a herb seasoning mix (see recipe below). Use a liner in the air fryer basket (optional) and position the beef on top. Roast for 10-15 minutes.
Air fry French fries, chicken wings, bacon and tater tops, or grill your favorite steaks indoors. There's also a built-in rotisserie for whole chickens and kebabs and a food dehydrator for homemade jerky, veggie, and fruit chips.Do I need to preheat my power XL air fryer? ›
Before cooking food, preheat the PowerXL Vortex Air Fryer Plus for a few minutes to allow the Unit to burn off the manufacturer's protective coating of oil.How long to cook chicken wings in air fryer? ›
Air Fry WIngs at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, flipping the wings every 5 minutes. Increase the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook an additional 2 minutes for extra crispy skin. Use a digital meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.Can you pop popcorn in a power air fryer? ›
All you need is your air fryer, 2 tablespoons of your preferred high-temperature oil, and your favorite popcorn kernels! Plugin your air fryer and let it preheat for 5 minutes, put 2 tablespoons of oil in the base of the air fryer, pop your popcorn kernels in the tray!Can I cook a pie in an air fryer? ›
Pies cook perfectly well in a normal oven, but you can also try them in your air fryer. Fiona says air-fried pies will work well, but because there is no bottom heating element, you may not get a crisp brown base.Can I bake a cake in my air fryer? ›
Bundt cakes are ideally suited to air-fryer baking. To make it into a lemon Bundt cake: I make the batter, pour it into my lightly greased half-size (3-cup) Bundt pan, and place the pan into the fryer bucket. I select the bake setting (325°F with a 2-minute preheat) and set it for 40 minutes.Where is the high limit reset button? ›
The High Limit Reset Button is located behind the gas valve.What button do you press to start an air fryer? ›
Press the start button to begin air frying. However, after you start cooking, you need to make sure that the food is not overcooked or burnt. You can mix the food contents in the middle of the cooking process or turn the food upside down to ensure that the food is fully cooked.Are air fryers being recalled 2022? ›
Air fryers sold at Amazon, Target, Walmart recalled because they can overheat and start a fire. Published: Oct. 13, 2022, 10:07 a.m.What brand air fryers are being recalled? ›
Details of the Magic Chef Air Fryer Recall
The risk: The air fryer can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.
Dry the outside of the food properly before you add oil. Do not use too much oil, as this will make the food less crispy and more fattening. Meat or poultry can be lightly brushed with oil or marinated to get the crispiest results.Can you use PAM in an air fryer? ›
Never use aerosol spray cans in your air fryer. Aerosol spray cans (like Pam and similar brands) are known to cause chipping in many Air Fryer baskets. The aerosol cans have harsh agents that just don't mesh with the coating on most baskets. It's best to invest in a good quality oil mister or bottle.How do I clean the air vent in my air fryer? ›
Air Fryers have Air Vents
The air vents on your air fryer may become dirty with residue after a few months pass. Simply turn the unit on its self or upside down to be able to see the vents. Use a soft bristle brush to clean the vents. Alternatively, you can also use a soft non-abrasive sponge to clean the vents.
DON'T LEAVE IT PLUGGED IN
Just like a Crock-Pot, never leave an air fryer plugged in. It is always wise to unplug an air fryer in case you accidentally leave it on.
Several air fryer manuals make a point to tell users to unplug the appliance when it's not in use. Ryerson said, in addition to always monitoring one's cooking, the city's fire education outreach also warns people to unplug any appliance that can generate heat when it's not in use.Why does the light on my air fryer go on and off? ›
The heating up light will be on in the beginning and go off when it reaches your desired temp and should turn back on when it needs to reheat the unit again, similar to an oil deep dryer.How do you preheat a power XL air fryer oven? ›
- Set the temperature at which you are cooking the food. Or at the temperature that the recipe states.
- Click “on” and let the air fryer heat for 3-5 minutes. We suggest 2 minutes for small air fryers less than 3 qts. And for larger air fryers, we suggest about 5 minutes.
Add Oil and Seasoning to Food Before Placing in Air Fryer
While you would typically add oil to a pan before adding your food, the case is not the same when using an air fryer. In a bowl, toss your food in a few teaspoons of vegetable oil or olive oil along with your seasoning before putting it in the air fryer.
Air fryers generally don't have a compartment to hold liquid and they are not built to have water in them. Only add a few tablespoons of water into the air fryer drawer, never more than that.How does the air fryer function on an oven work? ›
An air fryer oven will do the same thing as your traditional oven, but it just has an additional air fryer feature included. The air fryer feature in your oven uses high-speed circulating air through the convection fans that cook your food into a crispy texture, and golden-brown.
Do I Need To Preheat My Air Fryer Before Cooking in It? Yes. In most cases preheating helps your recipes get that signature crispiness we all love. Thick cuts of raw and frozen meats like frozen bone-in chicken breasts and ribeye steaks benefit from preheating.Does the power XL need to preheat? ›
Before cooking food, preheat the PowerXL Vortex Air Fryer Plus for a few minutes to allow the Unit to burn off the manufacturer's protective coating of oil.Do you need to preheat air fryer for first use? ›
You do not need to preheat your Philips Airfryer. You can immediately put the ingredients into the basket, without preheating.Can you use Pam spray in an air fryer? ›
Never use aerosol spray cans in your air fryer. Aerosol spray cans (like Pam and similar brands) are known to cause chipping in many Air Fryer baskets. The aerosol cans have harsh agents that just don't mesh with the coating on most baskets. It's best to invest in a good quality oil mister or bottle.Can I put aluminum foil in an air fryer? ›
Is It Safe to Use Aluminum Foil in the Air Fryer? It is absolutely safe to use aluminum foil in your air fryer. In fact, it can make cooking with the air fryer easier.What can you not put in an air fryer? ›
- Battered foods. Avoid placing wet batter in the air fryer. ...
- Fresh greens. Leafy greens like spinach will cook unevenly because the machine uses high-speed air. ...
- Whole roasts. ...
- Cheese. ...
- Raw grains. ...
- Hamburgers. ...
- Toast. ...
If any of your food is sticking to the air fryer, feel free to spritz a little oil into the basket before placing your food in. You can also use a small amount of coconut oil and rub it in the basket before turning it on.What is the difference between an air fryer and a Airfryer oven? ›
The air fryer basket tends to cook foods a little faster than the air fryer oven, and the amount of time will differentiate between machines and kinds of food cooked. The air fryer oven can hold more food. Although not pictured here, we use our air fryer oven to make pizza in the air fryer.